Safe water is the key to healthy life. It is very important to use good quality water at home which is free from chemical pollutants. The best way to ensure this is to install water softer at home. A water softener helps in removing the minerals from hard water. Though hard water is not harmful to our health, but it affects the functioning of the household electrical appliances. The soft water produced is friendlier for our skin and hair. Soft water also increases the lifetime of plumbing.
Water softening techniques
The commonly used water softening technique is the ion exchange method. This is not only the most conventional but the oldest technique to remove magnesium and calcium from water. In this method, each of the magnesium and calcium ions are exchanged for two sodium ions. Apart from this, there are also other water softening techniques like distillation and reverse osmosis (RO). The distillation method involves heating the water in a pot until it starts evaporating. The other most effective way of purifying water is through the process of reverse osmosis. In this process, a semi-permeable membrane is used to remove molecules, ions and other larger particles from water. The process of RO is known to remove the odor and taste of drinking water. The best water softener should be judged based on its quality, performance, water softening technique used and the user review.
Guidance for purchasing any water softener
There are certain factors which you need to consider while purchasing any water softener like the size of the water softener, quality of the valve used, quality of the components used, the type of water in the residential area and the installation cost. Sometimes you might come across an attractive deal but you need to check if it includes the installation cost, the warranty is not limited and the maintenance cost is not huge.
Some of best selling water softeners
There are a huge number of water softeners available in the market as well as online. Mentioned below are few of the best sellers:
- Fleck 5600SXT water softener (capacity 48,000 grains) – It is one of the most proficient water softeners in today’s market and is suitable for bigger households. It is easy to install and offers good customer service.
- Watts RV PRO-1000 OR M7002 Water Softener (portable) – This small, light weight system is one of the most popular portable models. It is known to produce water of very good quality.
- Iron Pro 48K Combination Water Softener & Iron Filter – This product not only turns the water soft but also removes the iron. It also has the capacity to remove up to a capacity of 48,000 grains of hardness. The added advantage of this softener is, it comes with a DIY manual.
- Iron Pro 2 Combination Water Softener Iron Filter (capacity 64,000 grains) – This product has a high water softening capacity. This also provides good customer care service.
- WaterBoss 365 36400 Grain Water Softener – This powerful model has a capacity to soften about 90 grains per gallon. It comes in a compact size and operates silently.
So, if you are to pick the very best water softener then this article will actually show you the right path.