Spring Break might be over, but that can only mean one thing. Swimsuit season is right around the corner. Don’t worry, we’ll help you get your bikini line in tip top shape just in time for Summer!
There is probably only one thing worse than trying to keep your children under control in a tiny dressing room while you try to squiggle your way into a tiny swimsuit that makes your butt look flat and your thighs look three sizes bigger than they actually are. Retiring your teeny bikini and resorting to buy something more mom-ish is one thing, but having to tuck your unruly hairs into it is a completely different thing.
At the risk of completely scandalizing all of you lovely ladies, I’m going to attempt to tell you about my experience with the bran new Schick Quattro For Women TrimStyle.
Since nothing says “sexy” quite like stray hairs that creep down your thighs, I was delighted to have the opportunity to try out the new razor with the cute little built in trimmer. This fab new girly gadget has been designed to be the only hair removal product you’ll ever need. At one end you”ll find the high-performance blades of a Quattro for Women® razor – ideal for long-lasting smoothness on legs, underarms and bikini line. And at the other end you’ll find a waterproof, battery-powered trimmer – perfect for neatening up your bikini area. (And the blades on both ends are replaceable!)
It’s really easy to use. I ripped it out of the box, popped the (included) battery into it and jumped right into the shower to give it a try. I was a little nervous I might get my skin with the trimmer, but my fears went right away as soon as I started using it. I was so delighted that it was simple and straightforward to use. You don’t even need to read the instructions to figure it out. And, waaay easier than trying to trim down there with scissors… Hello!
I was able to get the area all neat and tidy in record time with no cuts or trauma! And the next day, no razor bumps either. The trimmer head is adjustable so you can get the desired length. Plus, you can remove the trimmers plastic cap entirely and use it without the cap to get an even shorter trim. I tried it both ways, with equally pleasing results.
If you don’t normally groom down there, you should. Especially if you are even going to think about wearing a bathing suit this summer. Or if you have a husband. Or if you can no longer tell the where your bush ends and the hair on your thighs begin…
This little unit may be small and efficient, but it’s also loud. Not annoying loud, it just makes an obvious battery operated buzzing noise… So you may not want to use it if other people can hear you showering or they might think you are using another kind of battery operated device in the shower… *ahem* Other than that, it’s perfect, works great and is very affordable!
Get it on drugstore.com for $12.99 or pick it up wherever you purchase replacement cartridges for your current razor.
And if you dare, you can watch the hilarious UK commercial for the Schick Quattro TrimStyle.
Tips For A Perfect Shave
- Shave Downward – Always shave your bikini line in the direction of the hair growth so you don’t end up with razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
- Shaving Cream – Use lots of shaving cream when using a razor. Although the trimmer doesn’t need shaving cream, I do recommend using it in the shower while your skin in damp.
- Exfoliate – Make your razor last longer by exfoliating your legs well before shaving. This will remove the dead, loose skin so it won’t end up clogging up your razor.
- Rinse Often – Be sure to rinse out your razor with very hot water frequently while you are shaving. Rinse at 2x for each armpit and at least 8-10x per leg.
- Moisturize – Make sure you keep your legs, underarms, and bikini area well moisturized. This will help decrease irritation from shaving.
- Don’t Be Stingy – Replace your razor head after about 12-15 uses or once a month. If you notice it getting dull sooner, replace it sooner. Using a dull razor can give you ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and a really lousy shave.
Not Sure Where To Start?
Schick did a “Shave Study” where they were able to poll 1,000 men and women (500 men & 500 women) and found out the following:
What the women have to say…
* 91.2% of women consider smooth, shaved legs as part of their year-round beauty routine
* 87.8% of women keep their bikini line how they prefer it to be, not what their significant other prefers
What the men have to say…
* 88.2% of men prefer a women’s bikini area to be trimmed
- 39.5% of men prefer a women’s bikini area to be bare
33.1% of men prefer a women’s bikini area to be simply well kept
Have a question about shaving? Have some suggestions for others? Share in the comments!