Recipe for Delicious Gluten Free Pancakes or Waffles Made with Better Batter
Author: The Fashionable Housewife
Recipe type: gluten free
- 2 cups of Better Batter Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Bob's Red Mill Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 2 tbsp organic chia seeds
- ½ cup Beet Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp Real Salt Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs at room temp, lightly beaten
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2½ cups of unsweetened Silk Almond Milk (or similar)
- Heat your waffle iron, griddle or nonstick pan and coat generously with butter or coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl combine your Better Batter all purpose flour, baking soda, flax, chia, cinnamon, and salt. Gently whisk to combine ingredients.
- Create a small well in the center of your dry ingredients, then add your whisked eggs, butter and milk, one at a time. Be sure to blend well after each addition to avoid lumps. Add in your vanilla and continue to mix until the batter comes together and there are no lumps but don't over mix too much.
- Working quickly, ladle your batter on the waffle iron or griddle. If making pancakes, allow it to sit until bubbles begin to appear on the surface (2 to 3 minutes). Flip and continue cooking for another 1 to 2 minutes. If making waffles, close waffle iron and allow to cook on medium heat for around 2-3 minutes.
- Remember that the batter may thicken as it stands so if you are making pancakes, you may need to add more milk to keep your batter in a pourable consistency.
- Serve with fruit, butter, almond butter or maple syrup.